1. - About the journal. - Notes or Memoirs by Fellows (National, Corresponding, Foreign) and by non-fellows are published in the Rendiconti Lincei: Matematica e Applicazioni. Works by non-fellows must be presented by a Fellow. The Note or Memoir must be accompanied by a motivated report signed by the presenting Fellow. This report is entered in the archives. The Rendiconti Lincei: Matematica e Applicazioni are published in four issues which form an annual volume. A Supplemento dealing with academic life is also published annually. The minutes of the Class meetings, books donated to the academic Library, commemorations of Fellows, conferences, book presentations, reviews of studies regarding the various disciplines are included in the Supplemento.
2. - Preparation of manuscript. - Notes and Memoirs for the Rendiconti Lincei: Matematica e Applicazioni may be written in any of the following languages: Italian, English, French or German. Notes and Memoirs must have a double title and a double abstract (Italian and English) and at least three key words in English (max. 5), currently in use in the principal international indexes. The Author, or the presenting Fellow, must also indicate before the title to which of the following scientific chapters the matter discussed in the Note belongs:
|1) Mathematics |
2) History of Mathematics
3) Mathematical Logic
5) Operator Algebra
6) Number Theory
7) Group Theory
8) Combinatorial Theories
9) Mathematical Analysis
10) Set Theory
11) Measure and Integration
12) Real Variable(s) Functions
13) Complex Variable(s) Functions
14) Special Functions
15) Functional Analysis
16) Calculus of Variations
17) Ordinary Differential Equations
18) Partial Differential Equations
19) Integral Equations
20) Functional Equations
21) Integral Transformations
|22) Numerical Analysis |
24) Differential Geometry
25) Algebraic Geometry
26) Finite Geometry
28) Probability Theory
29) Mathematical Statistics
30) Operation Research
31) Optimal Control Theory
33) Continuum Mechanics
34) Solid Mechanics
35) Fluid Mechanics
36) Statistical Mechanics
37) Mathematical Physics
38) Relativistic Theories
39) Magnetofluid Dynamics
40) Information Science
41) Mathematical Biology
All texts should be presented in double copy, typewritten on one side of the page only (with no corrections or erasures), double spaced and with ample margins (1 page = 26 lines of 65 strokes each). They must be final copies ready for publication, with the pages numbered progressively. Any footnotes should be typed separately; the captions of any figures (included in the text) and the bibliography should also be presented separately. The Authors are kindly requested to limit footnotes as much as possible. The beginning of the work should conform to the following rules:
Calcolo delle variazioni. - Limiti di problemi di Dirichlet nonlineari in domini variabili. Nota di GIANNI DAL MASO e ANNELIESE DEFRANCESCHI, presentata (*) dal Socio E. De Giorgi.
At the end of the text, in smaller type, the following should be included: a) the name of any Bodies financing the Author's research work or that of any of the Authors; b) the Author's (or Authors') address(es) and the Body to which they belong. As regards the bibliography and the bibliographical references, each work should be indicated by an arabic number in square brackets - e.g.:  or [3, p. 167] -. The bibliographical list, typed on a separate page, should be in the order in which the citations appear in the text, or in alphabetical order, and each item should be preceded by a progressive arabic number in square brackets. In compiling the bibliographical list, the Author should follow the rules of the American Mathematical Society.
G. CIMMINO, An unusual way of solving linear systems. Atti Acc. Lincei Rend. fis., s. 8, vol. 80, fasc. 1-2, 1986, 6-7.
S. CHAPMAN - T. G. COWLING,
The mathematical theory of non-uniform gases. 3rd ed., Cambridge 1970.
G. FICHERA, Spazi lineari di k-misure e di forme differenziali. Proceedings of Intern. Symposium on Linear Spaces (Jerusalem, 1960). Israel Academy of Sciences and Humanities, Pergamon Press, Oxford 1961, 175-226.
G. FICHERA, Linear elliptic differential systems and eigenvalue problems. Lecture notes in mathematics, vol. 8, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-Heidelberg-New York 1965.
The Authors are specifically requested to avoid wasting space and to compile their work in a compact way. If the Editors of the Rendiconti Lincei decide that a typescript has not followed the suggested rules, they may return the work to the Author requesting a more adequate preparation of the same and, consequently, delaying its publication.
3. - Preparation of illustrations. - Together with the text, the Authors must hand in any drawings and photographs which accompany their work, bearing in mind that they will be included in the text as figures. Therefore, their position in the text should be clearly indicated. In this regard, the Authors should bear in mind that the printed page measures 12.5 x 20 cm and that the captions must also be inserted in this space. Illustrations in color can be accepted for publication if the clarity of the presentation is significantly increased but the extra printing costs will be charged to the author. Graphics should be handed in flat and not rolled and should be compiled in such a way as to allow their reproduction. They should be drawn on transparencies using Indian ink and all the elements (numbers, letters, etc.) should be written clearly and precisely and in a measure that will allow for a possible reduction to the page.
4. - Electronic transmission of accepted manuscripts. - Authors are requested to transmit the text and art of the manuscript in electronic form, via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org), after all revisions have been incorporated and the manuscript has been accepted for publication. Authors are requested to transmit yet a hard-copy printout of the manuscript by mail. Wherever possible, please supply the Editorial Office with files in TeX or LateX. Texts in Word are even accepted. The Authors are requested to avoid PDF, DVI or PostScript files at this stage because they do not allow editing of the text. Artwork should not be embedded within the manuscript. It must be supplied in electronic files separate from the manuscript file. Please supply the Editorial Office with the relative diskette containing source file possibly PS or EPS.
5. - Proofs. - The Authors of Notes and Memoirs will receive the first proofs only. They should correct them carefully and return them, together with the typescript, directly to the Editorial Office of the Academy, within and not later than ten days of their receipt. Otherwise, the proofs will be revised by the Editors who accept no responsibility thereof. Should this occur, special mention is made in the issue below the work. Corrections should be indicated in the text and repeated in the margin in a clear and legible manner. Corrections are to be made in ink (preferably red) and not in pencil. The Editors and the Printers will attend to those printing errors which are clearly indicated on the proofs by the Author. In the event that the Author, during correction of the proofs, makes any alterations to the original text, the same may be returned to the Advisory Committee in order to confirm acceptance. Any printing costs deriving from alterations to the original text will be debited to the Author.
6. - Offprints. - The Academy supplies free of charge to the Authors, during the course of the edition, 50 offprints without cover. If the Author requires a number of offprints in addition to those free of charge, he may order them by filling out the request form which will be sent together with the first proofs. These should not exceed 100.
7. - Abbreviations of Lincei journals. - When citing Lincei journals, it is advisable to use the following bibliographical abbreviations:
Rendiconti Lincei: Matematica e Applicazioni = Rend. Mat. Acc. Lincei
Rendiconti Lincei: Scienze Fisiche e Naturali = Rend. Fis. Acc. Lincei
Rendiconti Lincei: Supplemento = Rend. Suppl. Acc. Lincei
8. - Addresses. - The Author is requested to attach to the typescript:
1) his full mailing address;
2) telephone number;
3) telefax number and e-mail address (if available);
4) the address where the proofs and any information regarding publishing are to be sent.
For information please contact:
ACCADEMIA NAZIONALE DEI LINCEI
Via della Lungara, 10 - I-00165 ROME, Italy
tel.: (39)06.68801207 - 06.68027230